So we finally had a day of nothing to do. After church, I made these cute little shoes that I have been wanting to sew but haven't had the time. Aren't they cute. I originally bought a pattern of of etsy but found this easier pattern online for FREE! Check it out (if you like to sew).....baby shoes. you only have to buy fabric quarters and it's plenty to make a few pair of shoes.
Conversations with Christian:
1. (Christian's Sunday School teacher is a very nice, sweet, older lady named Ms. Betty. Ms. Betty has gray hair. On our way to church this morning, this is what CC said):
CC: Mommy, Daddy. I don't like Ms. Betty's hair.
Daddy: Why?
CC: It looks WEIRD!!!!!!!!!
2. I volunteered in the nursery this morning, so on the car ride home Bryan was telling me about the Sunday School lesson. The topic was fathering/mothering your child to maturity and how not to give in to everything your child wants. They watched a video of Donald Miller and he gave an example of how if you have cooked macaroni for dinner and your child wants chicken nuggets to not give in. It will help teach your child respect, kindness, maturity, and to appreciate what they have. So....long story short...we discussed this the whole way home about how we have given CC 'chicken nuggets' quite often and we need to be better about giving in to avoid a meltdown. AS soon as we pulled into the driveway, CC yelled out "I WANT CHICKEN NUGGETS!!!!!!"







Okay, those shoes are too cute!!!
ReplyDeleteOoooh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoes!! I am itching to use the fabric I have riding in my trunk! We have to reschedule soon, we'll talk on Tues.
ReplyDeleteThe shoes are SO cute!!! And I love the thighs and belly in the picture...too cute!!
ReplyDelete