Saturday, August 6, 2011

finished

PAT- I finally finished sewing everything for the room! doesn't it look good?:):)



Since Emory and CC are sharing a room (which is going great and Emory loves her new bed!), we turned Emory's old room into a guest bedroom/playroom. At the beginning of the summer, I went to a fabric sale where I got a 15 yard bolt of this blue flower fabric for $10! I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but loved it. I'm so glad I remembered I bought it when it was time to decorate this room.


I was able to make a bed skirt, 4 curtain panels (I did get blackout material as the lining), and 2 Euro sham. I bought ruffle fabric to add some pink in the room b/c we had to have pink in a girl's room.



I made a pillow sham with a large yoyo flower on the front for the small pillow. I think it turned out great- it looks more like a flower in person.



I found these flowers while at the beach and fell in love! I think they are so fun!


I covered the lamp shade with ruffle fabric. It's actually a lamp shade that is already sticky and comes with a pattern to fit the shade. Just cut the pattern and stick on- so simple!



We were using this armoire as Emory's closet, but now we can use it to hold toys. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that we can close the doors on all this 'stuff' and it's not laying out in our house. And the girls actually like playing in there!! We bought Christian a CD player so she can dance and sing to her CD's and ipod. We have already had many So You Think You Can Dance shows where I judge Emory and CC on their dancing:)


2 comments:

  1. It looks great Mallory!! You did an excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mallory I am so proud of you!!! You are so talented. The room looks great. I love the pillow and the lamp shade. FANTASTIC GIRL!!!
    Love YA!!! It was so much fun being with all of you in Florida. I jsut love those girls they are so precious. Pat

    ReplyDelete