Well, WE SURVIVED!!!! Okay, fine- I survived.... Christian was so excited and had absolutely no problem with starting a new school! I only shed a few tears and it helped that I work at the same school and didn't have time to boo-hoo b/c I had to help all the other kindergartners find their classrooms.
Bryan and I spent the night decorating the kitchen and room to get everyone (me) ready for the big day!
Christian and I made little cups full of candy bars and wrote "I hope you have a 'sweet' first day of school" for her teachers in her class. She was really excited to give them this morning!
I put balloons at the foot of her bed to help with getting up in the morning- she's NOT a morning person, so this helped!!!
My baby's 'First Day of School" picture!
CC and Mrs. Morton!We just all piled into Emory's bed and told our favorite parts of the day. CC's highlights of the day- being the door holder, building blocks on the table, going to the playground, and going to the kitchen (lunchroom).
I LOVE being at the same school as Christian! It's really fun to see/hear about her throughout the day! Ya know, I think my favorite part about being together is that I understand everything she is telling me about her day! I know how the school works, what the playground looks like, the yellow hair and brown hair lady in her class that she is talking about, how fun her PE teacher is...all the little details! So glad we are spending her first year together! After spending so much time analyzing and praying about where my Christian should spend her kindergarten year ( I honestly felt like it was one of the biggest decisions I have ever had to make!!), I think I 100% made the right choice. When I am 200 years old, I'll love being able to remember being with her everyday in kindergarten. It sure does make going to work easier. Now if only my school had a preschool program for Emory and an insurance office for Bryan I would be one happy mama/wife!!








I knee it'd be great! April says only 179 days til summer!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you both did great! What great memories you both will have being at the same school : ) i might have to steal you ballons idea, eli is not a morning person either!!
ReplyDelete