Then Ava said she didn't feel well, but we didn't think that much of it. Don't think we're bad mommies- we were already watching 6 kids in an overcrowded space.
Then we looked at Ava and she was pale and saying she might throw up. So, Denise took Ava to the bathroom while Angela and I kept the 3 babies (all in strollers) and the other 2 girls. In the meantime, Emory's juice cup leaked, leaving her shirt soaking wet. Luckily, Angela had another shirt. As I put the new shirt over Emory's head, Denise and Ava came up and Ava's face and lips were WHITE AS A GHOST! I've never seen anything like it. We all freaked out and told Denise to go find someone and we would meet her downstairs with Kate. So, here we are...Emory with half a shirt on, pushing 3 strollers and trying to round up 2 wild girls in a sea of children.
We somehow make it down to a very tiny quiet room (yea right!) in the middle of Mcwane Center. Ava was looking better but saying she was cold and shaking. So they left to head to the doctor. Angela and I take our girls to eat lunch and play a little more.
About 10 minutes into playing and things had calmed down, I couldn't find Christian!!! I stayed calm at first, then began panicking thinking that someone snatched her b/c she is so cute. I started asking people if they had seen a cute little girl with a big purple bow. One lady's response, "Uhh...Honey, I don't know who I seen in this place."- Whatever lady!
Luckily, Sophia was screaming with me and helped me find her! She was playing with another girl in a different area. CC got in trouble.
Then Denise called. Ava had a virus and turned so pale b/c it came on so quickly.
Angela and I decided to leave and take the girls to TCBY.
Got lost on the way.
Christian screaming the whole time that she wanted Sophia in the car.
When we get there Emory had the biggest blow out of her life. It was everywhere and I had to change her in the back of my car and use a pair of pants from Angela. I was so frazzled I went into TCBY asking for a vodka tonic and the guy just looked at me and pointed to the flavors of yogurt and said that's all they have. UGH!!!!!!!
Moral of the story....don't go to Mcwane center during spring break. I just might never go back!







What a day!!! Wow! Yes, I know that I need to go ahead and pack an extra outfit for me and Lois Anne and Hudson in the car, probably Chris too, just in case, I always carry pjs for Hudson in
ReplyDeletecase we are out near bedtime. Obviously, I'm glad you found CC, what a scary few minutes-- and I'll bet that Ava had the virus Hudson had...he seems to be much better now! Thank the Lord!
I am laughing out loud. It seems like a made up story! You forgot about Sophia screaming bloody murder before we were leaving because of her shoes AND me having to CARRY her to the car along with the stroller. OMG!!! What a day! What to go to McWane next year during Spring Break?
ReplyDeleteDANG! that is one crazy day!
ReplyDeleteOh, the joys of motherhood! :)
ReplyDelete