Monday, January 24, 2011

Duck Hunting and Birthday celebrating


This weekend while Bryan went duck hunting (how cute are they!?), we went home to my parents to celebrate my mom's 60th bday!!!!!



It was such a pretty weekend, so we finally got to go outside and ride our new bike and 'toot scoot". Christian is really good at riding her bike. She can turn and use the hand brake all on her own!


Emory loved her little 'toot scoot'. She was rolling all over the driveway. One time, my mom showed her how to put her feet up so she could push Emory. From then on, she wanted someone to push her instead of her doing the work!


CC made my mom a book for her birthday. It made her so happy, and she is still talking about when Gran said that it was her favorite birthday present!



We always wear different hats for people's bday. Emory loved it! Doesn't March look funny in the camo hat.....I don't know why but it makes me laugh so hard when I see her in this hat!!!:):)


We had already given my mom her bday gift in August when my dad surprised her with a trip to Italy. So we got him an 'as seen on TV' TOTAL PILLOW to take on the plane. Or she can wear it as a hat!!

HAPPY (early) BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!

Saturday night, I went over to my BFF, Ellen's, house. We had the best time just sitting around talking. I haven't really had a chance to hang out b/c whenever I see her lately we've been in a big group. So, it was so fun to catch up and relive our college days (and how we were able to eat/drink WHATEVER we want and not worry about it--- long gone are those days:(). Love ya Ellen!!

Sunday morning, the girls and I left kinda early b/c an electrician was coming over- whenever we turn our oven on the power goes out......UGHHHHHHHHHH. Anyway, when we got home, I was unpacking the car while Emory was watching through the storm door. Christian had come by and closed the front door, so that Emory was stuck between the storm door and the front door. At the time I didn't know it, so I just quickly opened the door (with my hands full) and Emory fell face first. After a lot of crying and drama, CC got in trouble and was sent to her room. When I went in to get her I bent down and told her how much I loved her- more than anything in the world- it makes me sad to give her spankings, etc. When she started crying hysterically, I asked her why she was so upset. This is her response, " Because what you said to me was so sweet mama. I love you too." UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I sure did feel bad after that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment