
This weekend we headed to Ross Bridge for a '
staycation'! We had THE BEST TIME! I wasn't sure how Emory was going to do in the water since she won't move a muscle in our pool at home (ya know- the fancy blow up pool in the backyard!)

Christian was so excited and couldn't stand waiting on us to get settled at our chairs. It reminded me of when I was little and would beg my parents to hurry up!

I was COMPLETELY wrong about little Emory. She was swimming all over the place and couldn't wait to go down the slide. She was squealing at the top of her lungs and laughing so hard her face was turning red!

Can you see the excitement on her face!

She even went down with CC a few times and ended up in a water slide train a few times! I can't believe I was letting my 2 year old go down with the big girls!

We went back to the pool today before we left, and Emory wanted to go down by herself (screaming "ME DO IT" over and over- the girl knows what she wants and won't stop until she gets it- I think she has caught on that if she is in public mommy and daddy might let her get away with more so we don't cause a big scene!), so I walked up with her and got her situated and Bryan was waiting at the bottom to catch her. As soon as she started going I could tell her it not going to end well! She starting spinning around and around, then was head first at the end. As it was happening I yelled to Bryan "This isn't good!". All was fine after a few minutes of crying, but it did bring an end to her water sliding!

No one got much sleep b/c of this little one. She feel asleep fine but then woke up and kept staring at us. We brought her in the bed with us and she would not fall asleep.
FINALLY around midnight she fell asleep and they both woke up at 6:30. So we hit the ground running with the breakfast buffet and swimming by 8:30! I guess Emory was tired from the night before b/c around 11:00, she went to the chairs -found her
ishy and
paci- then looked at Bryan and said 'Night Night" So, we took the hint and headed up to the room to check out.
We had so much fun on our 24 hour '
staycation'. We'll definitely do it again this summer!

After we all napped, we played outside. Bryan was watering the new plants in our backyard and all of a sudden we looked up to find this!!! We couldn't stop laughing!

they played in the sprinkler for over an hour! Christian told me she wants to do it every day of summer! So, now we know what we will do on our memorial day Monday and the rest of summer!
Looks like a fun time! Are those shorts that CC has on? they look cute!
ReplyDelete