Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Park day and an emotional mama

Christian had her end of the year party at the park last week! It was a perfect day for a party and picnic. We had so much fun, but it made me realize that CC only has 2 more weeks in 4K, then she is going to 'BIG' school.







Her BFF, Lydia. They just love each other and play so well together.


After the party, we headed to my school where she will be going for kindergarten. We met her teacher and she absolutely loved her. She walked around the school like she owned the place and loved all the big kids telling her she was cute!

Then it hit me......my little baby is growing up! I cried all night long (and crying now) about her going to big school. The next day at school, I cried EVERY SINGLE TIME someone brought up seeing Christian at school the day before. I'm not sure I am going to be able to handle this transition! Honestly, it makes me want to cry everytime I think about it.
Her graduation is Thursday, and I know I am going to be an absolute basket case.

So, instead of thinking about my little one growing up (and all the things I have to do in the next few weeks), I have been sewing. In the past couple of weeks, I have made 4 bathing suits, 3 dresses, 1 skirt, 2 bloomers, and a few appliqued shirts- nothing like avoiding things, huh?!

We blew up our pool in the backyard and tried out the girls new bathing suits I made- just to make sure they didn't fall apart while they were swimming!



EMory wasn't too sure of the water, and the fact that she kept slipping didn't help!



She finally decided it was fun to jsut stand while sissy ran around her!



"WHEW- it's cold!




They loved it and the bathing suits didn't fall apart! But I'm still crying about CC going to kindergarten....maybe I should home school!

1 comment: