Thursday, June 23, 2011

2nd stop.....Florence

After Venice, we took a 3 hour bus ride to Florence. Our hotel, once again, was right in the middle of everything and very nice! There was a rooftop bar that overlooked the city and really great rooms. Our only mistake was not closing the window all the way the first night, nd it felt like Bryan and I moved our mattress to the middle of the street it was so loud! Luckily, we figured it out for the next two nights!








Everything was beautiful and the shopping was great!



We (okay, I) wanted to get our picture drawn. It does not look a THING like us at all. In fact the picture of me looks very similar to the sample he has in the background. And when it was Bryan's turn, I had to walk away a few times b/c I was giggling so much. Oh well-




The first night there, we were walking around while our guide was telling us different things about the city. All of a sudden, he quickly said, "Oh, I'm sure no one cares, but if you do, Snooki from MTV is down there." My ears perked up and I went running to get a picture. Apparently, the cast from Jersery Shore had to get jobs so they were trying to get people to come into the pizza place where they working. Really, no one in Florence cared about them at all. They were walking around with a camera man filming and no one following them.....still fun to see Snooki!



One morning we went to an indoor food market and outdoor shopping market. We did a lot of shopping and bought fresh meat and cheese and had lunch on the stairs of the Medici Chapel.


view from the Uffizi Gallery


And last but not least from Florence........ Bryan made me do this (and if you know my hubby- you know it's true!) We must have been loosing interest in all the art and decided to act like teenagers~! Hehehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment