Thursday, July 26, 2012

mostly swimming


Can't remember if I posted this or not......Emory and me at her Mother's Day 'Muffins with Mom"!

 CC had her first swim meet in June. I wasn't sure what to expect, so I hadn't prepped CC for the day. She was EXTREMELY nervous! So much so that she wouldn't speak then started crying when it was time to swim. Her coaches helped her through it though!

 The little guppies all swam and all earned a ribbon since it was more for practice. 

 After the first race, she won 3rd place and had calmed down. The 4th and final race was the breast stroke, which she had never done before. We were out of town when they taught the stroke, so the coaches gave her a quick lesson out of the water. Well, she must have been confused b/c she turned on her back while trying to do the breast stroke. She wasn't moving anywhere but kept moving her arms b/c that's what the coach said to do! She started to panic and so did I. For a split second, I almost jumped in the water to save her b/c she was panicking so much! It was terrifying! A group of us were screaming at her, but she couldn't hear us. Finally we just told her to swim however she wanted to the other side! A few moms asked me her name and started cheering her on. I felt so sorry for my Christian, but she made it to the other side and got 5th place! Next year, I will make sure we are at every practice- ha!!!

Three 3rd place and one 5th place!! So proud of CC and Sophia! 
Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment