After many date changes and back and forth with insurance people, Christian had her tonsils and adenoids removed today. Mimi and Grandaddy came in town Wednesday to play with us, then keep Emory while we were at the hospital. The girls swam like crazy at the hotel the night before. CC went down the slide and swam to the side all by herself (and her swimmies). Emory loved the water and the stairs. We woke up early and headed to hospital at 7:15. We went straight into our own room to wait for CC to go back. Everyone was so nice and they made the whole experience easy and stress free for kids (and mamas!). She went back at 9:00, was back in the room by 10:00, and we were home by 11:30. Very fast and very easy. the doctor said her adenoids were enormous and her tonsils were huge. So her breathing, stuffiness, snoring, and ears should be a huge improvement once she is completely healed.
I now know why she picked her Christmas PJs to wear....b/c it felt like Christmas with all the presents she got!!! When we got home, she had a pile gifts with from us. Denise came by to bring her a goody bag from Ava, and Mimi and Grandaddy gave her movies, dolls, and dress up clothes. This girl is going to want to get her tonsils taken out more often!
She is drinking a ton and even wanting to eat, which are both good things. Although she is doing so well, the doctor said day 3 and 4 are the worst days b/c the scabs start to form which is very painful....so a fun weekend is ahead of us!
I'm so proud of my little tonsil/adenoid- free girl!







Poor baby, but I'm so glad everything went so well. I'll be thinking about you guys this weekend. Hopefully, it won't be as bad as he says.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love the wedgie pic. Her chubby little legs are too cute.
Oh my gosh...that picture of Emory is too cute. Love that wedgie and her little thighs!!
ReplyDeleteSo So glad it went well-- one of the best things my parents ever did for me and Kyle--- and I knew that they had come a looooon way w/ the proceedure-- once CC's all healed and you guys are over it all, I'll share--- and I remember the great toys I got, the Jem & the Holograms dolls! I got Jem, Pizzaz, and Roxy!
ReplyDeleteThe pic of E is fantastic!!
Bless her tiny self ! I hope she isn't feeling too bad today!
ReplyDelete