Thursday, November 11, 2010

Our day in Atlanta

WARNING: lots of pictures......
The girls could have stayed in the tunnel the entire time looking at all the fish

We even ran into our friends who had the same idea as we did!

Emory was absolutely fascinated by all fish!


We got to see them feed the fish and answer questions while under water.


touching the thing that Nemo lived in!


Emory's favorite word while we were there was "WHOA!!" She said it at least a thousand time and loved every second of the aquarium.

The jellyfish was Christian's favorite.

Our only attempt of a family picture. After 3 tries, we finally gave up!

I wish I took her 'pas' out, but I was scared what would have happened....we were very tired but didn't want to stop looking at the fish

not a great picture, but it was so cute... we stood there for about 10 minutes while I said 'Emory, Emory, what do you see?" and she would point to a fish while I said "Emory sees a pink fish looking at her!" She thought it was great and would not let me move!

She was so tired, she actually laid her head on our shoulder to rest...NEVER HAPPENS- we had to get a picture!

Christian loved touching the shrimp and horseshoe crab.She also loved playing and going down the grouper slide

Bryan and CC inside the river section....Bryan's favorite area

under the river.

Here is CC today and when my mom and I took her in 2008 when she was close to Emory's age. Big difference, but still loved it just the same!
The girls and I had today off, so Bryan decided to take off so we could head to Atlanta to the Georgia Aquarium. We just told CC last night that we were doing something fun and it was going to be a surprise. So when we told her while driving, she went crazy. I'm not sure if she actually knew what an aquarium was, but either way- she gave us a great reaction! WE HAD THE BEST TIME! We got there around 10:30 and it wasn't crowded at all! We spent 3 full hours there going non-stop. The girls loved every second of it! Emory couldn't stop pointing at everything saying fish ('ish) and "WHOA". She fell asleep at the perfect time when CC wanted to play on the 'big kid' play area. I can't wait to take the girls back. It was a great day and still made it back in time for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like the sweetest trip! The girls had a blast, I can tell. The pic of Emory on your shoulder is too sweet. The one with you and Emory is wonderful. You are gorgeous! I love the one comparing CC on the seahorse thing. She looks just like Emory! What a great time for all of you.

    ReplyDelete