Sunday, March 6, 2011

ballerina princess





CC had a birthday party to go to this weekend at the McWane Center and was so excited to wear her birthday party dress. She even wore a big bow "as long as it is on the back of her head and it doesn't look big from the front". While she was gone, Emory and I cleaned out Christian's closet and got all of our winter clothes out to get ready for spring! In doing this, I realized that with all of Christian's hand-me-downs, Emory will have one outfit for each day of spring and summer!
I also invested in some space saver bags which are the best invention around! I fit all of the girls fall/winter clothes into two bags and my sweaters into one! and the best thing- they will all fit under our bed!



Then, we hung up Christian's Christmas present from Mimi and Grandaddy! IS THIS NOT THE CUTEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN~!!!!!!! Thank you Mimi and Grandaddy. I am in love with it, and so is Christian! After putting it up, she told us that she didn't need her bed rail anymore. I'm not sure if I can't take her growing up so fast, but it does make her bed look better. She went down for a nap a little while after we put it up. AS I was walking out, I heard her whisper to herself....."I feel like a princess!"




I also did a little rearranging in her room. We got rid of the play kitchen b/c neither one of them play with it, and Emory has a little house with a kitchen in her room. So, now Christian's room is less cluttered and looks super cute. She has FINALLY started playing with her doll house and princess castle all weekend long. It's been in her room forever, but I guess there is more room to actually play. I (well Bryan!) also hung up a full length mirror on the wall. Surprisingly, the girls have LOVED it! I think her room is a perfect little girls room and it's, by far, the best looking room in the house! Maybe one day, we'll do something to our bedroom!!:):):)
The other bed will be Emory's when she grows out of her crib (no time soon I hope. I'm all for her staying in a crib for as long as possible!).

One funny story---on the way to church this morning, CC was singing into the microphone that echoes everything you say, Emory was talking very very loudly, the radio was on, and Bryan and I were trying to talk over all the noise. So, on the verge of going crazy, I said we all had to be quiet and get our minds ready to learn about God. After a few seconds, Emory started talking. Christian said "Emory, shhhhh, think about Jesus. Just think about Jesus!"
Christian also got upset on the way to church b/c she realized she had on a skirt instead of a dress and 'you always have to wear a dress to church":):)

1 comment:

  1. Cc's room is adorable!! I know what you mean about noise in the car--- it was like that last night for us, I just closed my eyes and shut my ears!!!!

    ReplyDelete