Thursday, March 10, 2011

SEW cute Elly Skirt!












I just dropped off some shirts to have appliquéd and monogrammed with Chasing Charlie Designs to match this skirt. Now I have to decide if I am going to make little Emory a matching skirt or short bloomers. I'm leaning towards the bloomers so she can show off her chubby legs while she's got 'em!!!


















(for the record-----CC did not wear her shirt tucked in. We were in a hurry to take the picture, and she is laughing b/c her skirt was 'too high" and wondering 'why we alway have to stand right here to take a picture!) Doesn't she look like a big girl!


I decided to bring out my sewing machine and make some dresses, bloomers, and skirts for the girls. I have found the EASIEST skirt pattern EVER and it's super cute! It's perfect b/c CC still refuses to wear pants or shorts.
It's so easy that the past two nights, I have made a skirt during American Idol (and driven Bryan crazy with the sewing machine noise:):). Aren't they precious! If you can sew a straight line, go get the Bonnie Blue Elly's skirt pattern.

PS....tomorrow is the FairyTale Ball at her school and CC is going in her full Rapunzel costume she got for Christmas! Pictures to come! If you can only imagine, this has been an exciting fun week for her at school! I love that they have a full week devoted to fairytales! I wish we could do that!

PPS.... While putting Christian to bed tonight, CC was thanking God for every little thing ( lamp, bed, sheets, shoes,etc). Bryan explained that you can thank God for your things but mostly talk to God about what you feel in your heart. So bryan said a prayer. Afterwards, he looked over and she was rubbing her eyes. He asked if she were tired. Her response was "no, I just have tears in my eyes because your prayer to God was so sweet" WOW!!!




2 comments:

  1. So stinkin cute!! I vote for chubberlicious bloomers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! Let's schedule our sew date SOON!!

    ReplyDelete