All three of the Congleton girls are starting a new adventure on August 20th! CC will start her new school by our house (we go tomorrow to find out her teacher- eek!!) And Emory and I will be both going to a new school/job!!!! I will now be teaching 4k at a church school not far from our house. So this year, Emory gets to come to school with me! I am very excited about my new job and really really like the people I will be working with. My assistant is so sweet and very helpful! I will have 11 students and we are the teddy bears! Emory will be a kangaroo and only 3 doors down from me!
So, as soon as August came I got into school mode! I had a ton to do b/c my room used to be a 2 year old room. After about a week, I realized I couldn't get too much done with my two sweet, sweet children making a mess playing. So, they got to spend a week at their Mimi and Granddaddy's house. They have had a blast and I have just about finished my room.... it's a win win for everyone! It's it so cute!!!
Most of my door decorations came from the dollar tree!
I found these chair covers and hat at The Christmas Tree Shoppe (love that place) for super cheap. Whenever it's some one's bday they will get to put the chair cover on a special chair and wear the hat.
my calendar!
our classroom behavior chart. I found the plates at Christmas Tree Shoppe and thought they would work perfect. I love the way it turned out.
Home living!
needs a little work, but they did tell me they are ordering me a new table.
ok..... I have absolutely OBSESSED over this stinkin' tree. I finally had to STOP and just decide that it looks good.
the tree with the lights on.
See the bear swinging from the swing in the corner? We have the same picture painted on the outside of our door.
reading area.
All the letters we learn will hang on the ribbons as we learn them.
(not that you care, but I am getting a new easel- thank goodness b/c this one was driving me crazy!)
and I found these adorable baskets at the dollar store to help me stay organized!
I can't wait. I can handle 11 four years olds, right?????!!!











Yay!! Looks like you got a lot completed-- your kids will love it, Mal!
ReplyDeleteI've got all this stuff for you too-- gotta get it to you!!
love, k
It looks awesome! The tree is great! I want Lu to go to your class!!!
ReplyDeleteMakes me want to be one of ur students! Love the room!
ReplyDeletethat is an exciting change! your room looks awesome!! i love setting up a classroom :)
ReplyDelete