Five post of Emory's birthday, and she hasn't even turned 3 yet!!!
The boys spent the night and headed home early for church. We got dressed and ready to celebrate more with Gran and Pawpaw who made a quick trip up to see Emory.
CC and I went last Friday to pick out Emory's bday presents. We bought her something super exciting and had to hide it for over a week! It was really hard (for CC) to not spill the beans!
We got her FROGS!!!! Two teeny tiny frogs that live in this glass cube with a top (or they would not be able to come home with us!!) Emory was so excited and a little confused. After she realized they were real and her pets, she loved it! She named them Baby Allie and Baby Shane. CC thought for sure one of them would have been Diamond Diamond, but I think she's moved on from that name- thank goodness! Not sure where Baby Shane came from, but they are her frogs, so she got to choose the names:):)
This sweet sister had a little bit of a hard time with all these presents and attention going to her little sis, but I think she handled it well. I know it has to be hard, but we tried to keep reminded her that her "Justin Beiber' birthday is only 2 months away. And then SHE will be getting all the presents, and possibly two frogs that she can name:):)
Gran and Pawpaw got Emory this cool bean bag chair. E was nice enough to share with sissy!
She kept saying "I just love this thing"!!
We had a birthday breakfast and sang happy birthday! Then Gran and Pawpaw headed back home.
After naps, Mimi and Grandaddy came over to help us do some house projects. THey were so nice and stayed until dark helping us! Thanks so much!
After a fun filled weekend, we went out with a bang.... in true 'terrible twos' fashion, she peed in our bed (....on my side)!!!
I'm hoping she got it all out of her system and three is going to be a breeze! Somehow, I doubt it!
She did call me into her room (trying to put off going to bed) saying "MOOOOOM, I need to tell you something. It's special." When I went in, she said, "Mom, I need to tell you something special. I LOVE YOU"- completely made up for peeing in my damn bed!! little stinker










Love all the posts!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Day, E!