Today was Christians's last day of school. I knew it was going I tough on both of us. She has cried every morning on the way to school about how much she was going to miss Mrs. Morton. Last night I had a vision of her coming out to bus duty (where I am in the afternoons) and just sobbing. I thought we were in the clear but it only took a second for the tears to come. She was truly upset about not seeing Mrs. Morton everyday. Then as I was walking back to my room, people said there were about 4 other kids from her class crying too. Just shows what a wonderful teacher and person Mrs. Morton is. She really does love her students just like her own. It sure was hard to not let myself cry just as hard as she was- but because I will miss seeing Christian everyday:(:(
On the way home, when it was just us, Christian cried more than I can ever remember her crying. Every now and then she would say, between her sobs, "I just am going to miss Mrs. Morton so much. I just want her to be right next to me. She really is the best teacher ever."
Then she said, "Mom, when we get out of the car I want to give you a really big hug because I think it will make me feel better."
She did calm down and begin to feel a little better once we got Emory and got ice cream.
Christian on the first day of school!
August 11, 2011
Christian on the last day of school!
May 23, 2012
No comments:
Post a Comment