Sunday, May 6, 2012

our week

 Monday was Emory's ACTUAL birthday! We headed to Build-A-Bear to get a birthday bear! It was a first for all of us and it was the cutest place ever! The girls loved it and apparently, so did I, because I ended up spending $90 on 2 bears!! Then we took our new, expensive bears on a merry-go-round ride. Emory loved it but hated it when I let go of her! She named her bear Baby Allie and the horse she rode Diamond Diamond! 
It was a perfect little trip to the mall until the end...... the girls had their bears and I was holding the two huge boxes they come in, along with bags of food from the food court to take home to eat with Daddy. While talking about riding the elevator before we went home (b/c I refused to ride the escalator since I was already feeling a little bit like "The Griswalds go to the mall"!!!), Emory's body acted before her head and she threw her Happy Meal HIGH up into the air, causing it to rain french fries. We caused a tad bit of a scene- both me and Emory!!! So, we nixed the elevator ride and headed home to celebrate and move on! 









Tuesday, Christian had her music program at school. All the kiddos were so cute and the best part was watching her face when she realized her daddy was there. From that moment on, she couldn't stop smiling and really stepped up her musical performance!!



Thursday, we had registration and kindergarten kick off at CC's new school. We both were really excited but both got nervous right when we got there! She said she is really excited but doesn't want to leave Mrs. Morton and we will 'miss her everyday'. I agree, but told her I've already tried to get Mrs. Morton to move to her new school but she can't!! While the parents had a meeting, the kids were pulled into groups to go into a classroom to do a little screening and see what the rooms are like. I am already getting really really sad about not being with her next year, but her school is so nice I know she will love it. I'm excited for her:)


Saturday, we headed to We Love Homewood day. It was really fun, but REALLY hot. We didn't last too long and everyone was ready to leave! Luckily, we only bought a few tickets. After they were gone, we headed out. The girls rode the swings, pirate ship, and crazy swings. Too bad it was so hot or we would have stayed all day. That night we went to the Meacham's to watch the Derby and grill out. It was so fun and the kids played so well. Emory and Elise paired up and actually played without bothering/following the big girls- fun to watch! We wrapped up the night with trying to find the man in the SUPER moon and making s'mores around a fire in this summer like weather! 










Sunday, CC had her dance recital! They piled everything into one day- we dropped her off at 1:45 for dress rehearsal and pictures and came back at 4:00 for the recital. The theme was Enchanted Forest. The entire recital is based around one theme so it's more like a play than just 50 two minute routines. All the costumes were different fairies. CC was an earth fairy and danced to Enya music- very pretty music and CC was GREAT! Aren't their costumes beautiful?!

3 comments:

  1. WOW, fun and busy weekend!
    I love Christian's ballet costume-- she looks like a REAL ballerina! Beautiful!! (and a bit more age appropriate than
    the cat costume--me-ow!)

    ReplyDelete