Emory's class had a Valentine's Ball today. The teachers went all out for the 'ball"- all the kids were to dress up and they walked down a red carpet with their "date". They practiced their manners- the boys pulled the chair out for the girls and pushed them into the table (some girls were pushed a little too far and could barely breathe!). We had lunch and a little dance party too! The Toddler Two teachers should know how to party:):)
I went early to help set up and every time I walked into her room to get something she would start crying. Her teachers say she never does that during the day but only because I was there.
(random picture of CC at her party- not sure how this picture ended up right here when I downloaded them). Her class had a 'low-key-no-parent" party, but someone emailed me a picture of her having fun!!!
Is it just me, or does it look lie CC has dread locks?!!! It might be time for a haircut and a nice long shower!
Is it just me, or does it look lie CC has dread locks?!!! It might be time for a haircut and a nice long shower!
Here is one of the tables set up at Emory's party.
One little boy got sick, so Kevin had two dates to walk in! The girls held flowers at they walked down the red carpet and the boys wore crowns!
She was so excited to see her Daddy there!
I'm sure she was just as excited for me to be there too- just not as vocal about it- ha!
Then they all danced with their daddies.
These two girls are obsessed with each other. Emory talks about Georgia every day, "Georgia my best friend" and she prays for Georgia every night, "Thank you God for the whole world.....and Georgia"
more dancing
this picture sums up how much fun she had at the Valentine Ball....and how she was THE REST OF THE DAY!!! I'm not sure if it was the six cookies she ate at the party or the candy she ate later, but she was OUT OF CONTROL!!! She had no nap, talked non-stop, and didn't slow down at all. After putting on quite a show while visiting her new cousin at the hospital, she fell asleep within seconds of getting in the car to go home. While putting her in bed, she told me "I wear these clothes to bed. It's okay mama, I not change to go to sleep"- so she's still in her "Sunday Best" for bed!
They danced with their 'dates', passed out Valentine's (= chaos), then gave us the Valentine's presents they made for us.
They each got up and said this little poem for us!
ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! This video isn't when she stood up in front of everyone, but afterwards when we made her say it again. She has randomly said it over and over to me throughout the day. So sweet!!!
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Guess what Mommy,
I LOVE YOU!!!!
It really was the best party and such a cute Valentines Ball. I'll remember it forever....and to limit her cookie intake from now on!!! Whew















No comments:
Post a Comment