We got to the hotel around 5:00 on Friday and went straight down to the pool to relax. We ate in the clubhouse then went to bed early. Then we both had spa appointments Saturday morning, which didn't start off so great....I forgot to request a women to do my massage. So- I ended up with a man, which made me not excited AT ALL about my 75 minute mud wrap. I finally got over it but did not find it relaxing in the least! The wanted to chat the whole time and kept fumbling around and knocking the little pod thingy I was in. Come to find out when I was paying that there was a 'drain problem' so they took 20% off of the price. I really think they should have stopped the whole thing and done something else. All the fumbling around was him sopping up water that was getting on the floor!!!! It was still nice, I guess! Bryan really enjoyed his. The rest of the day we hung out by the pool and relaxed.
Okay....and the funniest part of trip was the family reunion that was there.....There were 2 women not in bathing suits and 4 kids in 2nd & 3rd grade- Shawana, Jessica, and 2 other names I cannot pronounce.....Long story short- they could not swim very well but they wanted to go down the slide so bad. I happened to be sitting in the pool while they were talking about it. So, I thought it would be nice if I offered to catch them at the bottom of the slide. So, Bryan and I spent the next 2 hours catching these rather large 8 year olds going down the slide. Then I taught Shawna how to do a handstand in the water (well, not really-she just put her head under the water, but she sure was proud of herself and I was too!!!). They were fun kids and LOVED the slide...so it was worth it. After all that we took naps and ordered room service. PERFECT day (and funny too!) Sunday, I went and got another massage...this time by a women and no 'drain problems' which was fantastic. Then we had the buffet breakfast (with the best cheese grits EVER!) and relaxed by the pool. It was the best weekend ever and much needed. We were excited to get back to our girls though......even though we enjoyed sleeping in, relaxing by the pool, and sitting in silence when we wanted, we sure did miss Christian and Emory.
Now....back to reality!
Random picture of Emory sleeping with her finger in her mouth!
first bubble bath for Emory...look at her looking at her big sister!
love birds!







That is funny! You guys are sweet. I love the picture of the girls in the tub.
ReplyDelete