We had a big family filled weekend to celebrate Emory's baptism. It has been a fun time. Friday my mom, dad, and aunt came in town early to go swimming and celebrate my daddy's birthday. We went to eat at PF Changs where CC and Emory slept through most of the dinner (Christian cannot go without a nap and stay up past 6:00!----not complaining!). My dad is finally 21st century- he got an Ipod (but I bet it will still be in the box the next time I see him).
Saturday CC swam all morning with my mom and aunt (they even went down the slide- I'll have to post those pics later b/c they are on March's camera). Then Mimi, Grandaddy, and the Drew gang came to swim some more.....very fun day. Then this morning Emory was baptised. It was a great service and Emory was perfect! She wore the dress that has been in my family (dad's side) for over 100 years.! Her god parents are our cousins, Courtney and Andrew. We celebrated with our family with a luncheon at our house. I love being with family. It was a wonderful weekend.
I just have to throw this in here. CC is so funny. Here is a conversation she had with Bryan SAturday morning in the car.
C: Daddy, are you mad at me?
B: No!!
C: ARe you mad at Mommy?
B: No, I'm not mad at mommy either.
C: Well, I'm mad at mommy.
B: Why are you mad at mommy?
C: I'm just mad at her.
Then tonight at dinner she would not eat and couldn't have her juice until she ate something. She is so strong willed and was refusing to eat. But we held our ground and wouldn't let her get up or get her juice until she took a few bites. So, she decided to put on her acting shoes and start 'crying' (so fake!). Bryan said, 'YOu are fake crying, you don't have any tears." So she produced real tears and said "DAddy, you hurt my feelings"!!!!!!!!!!!!!1







COngratulations Emory!! Looks like a lot of fun. Love the Bryan and Emory picture.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful family! Emory looks like a little doll. Love the dress.....so cool it has been in your family for so long!
ReplyDelete